How often you get a chance to do all the things you like and love at the same time? Like traveling and running for example?
On April 21, 2012, I might be able to do that and I’m pretty much excited! I will finally step foot on Bicol and see our country’s pride, World’s Perfect shaped Volcano Mt. Mayon and run its circumference, my Ultra Marathon Debut, and that’s 80 kilometers (wooot!).
RULES AND MECHANICS
- The competition has one category
- Participants must be physically fit to join this 80Km Ultra Marathon.
- Participants must be a finisher of at least one marathon / ultra marathon within the period of one year from April 21, 2012
- Pacers and Bandits will be remove from the race immediately by the race marshal
- All entries must be submitted on or before April 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM
- Participants must be in assembly area on April 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM
- All protest must be done before the awarding
- The organizer’s decision is final
- All finishers shall receive a certificate of participation and a finisher’s medal
- Winners must be physically present to receive their award during the awarding ceremony
- The registration fee is non-refundable
- The Marathon will take place rain or shine
- Gun time is at 4:00 Am
- The streets the runners will be passing through have enough lighting from the streetlights, but you may bring your own flashlight or head lamps
- Pin your race number in FRONT of your singlet / shirt
- The organizers have the right to change, revise and modify rules and regulations pertaining to the event prior to the actual conduct of the race to ensure its successful and smooth conduct.
- NO NEED for vehicle support. Aid & Water stations every 5 KMs, aside from roving ambulances that serve also as mobile aid/water station.
- NO ENERGY DRINKS and SOFT DRINKS will be provided along the route, as part of our product lockout agreement with the event partner. Only bottled water, juices, and other Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. (GSMI) beverage products will be provided (beers & gins included upon request).
- There will be drop bags / baggage area (2) at starting/finish line and at KM 40
A 50 mile (80Km) run around the circumference of the world’s perfect coned volcano, Mt, Mayon Volcano. organized by the Junior Chamber International –Legazpi Chapter in cooperation with the Liga ng mga Baranggay -Albay Chapter and sanctioned by the Philippines Association of Ultrarunners. Sponsored by the provincial Government of Albay, Governor Joey S. salceda and the Magayon Festival 2012.
APRIL 20, 2012 – 5:00 pm – 6:00 Pm – Race Briefing and Carbo Loading Party; People’s Hall, Albay Capitol
APRIL 21, 2012 – 3:00 aM – ASSEMBLY – ; Peñaranda Park, Old Albay, Legazpi City
APRIL 21, 2012 – 4:00 AM – GUN START
CUT OFF TIME 15 hours
– 2 dri-fit Shirts (
one race shirt and one finisher’s shirt)
– finisher’s medal
– loot bag
Secure your registration to these following sites
A Runner Circle
Liga ng mga Barangay – Albay Chapter, 2nd Floor Capitol Bldg., Albay Tel. No. 052 – 4350045
- Medical Certificate signifying the runner is in good health to participate in this endurance sport (Validy of 2 months from race date)
- Completed on full Marathon within 1 year of race date (submit proof)
Taking it to a whole new level? Run it Competitively! Exciting prizes are at stake for Top 3 Male and Female finishers. But wait there’s more…Cash Prize awards also are to be given away to 4th up to the 20th finishers. A total of over 250,000 Philippine Pesos awaits the winners! Isn’t that worth all the hardships?
So what are you waiting for? Register now and be one of the few who were able to circumnavigate through marathon the Mayon Volcano.
The Oriental hotel in Legazpi City offers 50% off their rates March 01 – April 30, 2012 in celebration of their Magayon festival. Check it out for your accommodation during the Mayon 360 event.
** Mayon 360 Ultramarathon is a recipient of ATOP – DOT Best Tourism Parctice Awards 2011 Best Tourism Event – sports/Wellness category Provincial Level
I’m pumped up for this event. Well that’s what I always feel about anything for first time events in my life. See you in Bicol! Happy running!
The Mayon 360 is supported by Magnolia Purewater and will make sure that every participant will be well hydrated during the race. Hydration and Aid stations are situated every 5 kilometers providing Magnolia Purewater, Magnolia Health Tea, Magnolia Fruit Drink, and Magnolia Lifedrink. Good news for drinker finishers as a reward for a job well done race, GSM Blue and Matador Brandy are to be given away as part of the Post Race Loots Bags (drink moderately guys! =))
The coolest part about this race is that the local municipalities of Albay get to participate in this historical race. They serve as the Aid and Hydration Stations. Surely, you will feel the warmth of the Province’s hospitality.